Raviz appears to be a chain of indian restaurants. I am not sure what organisational structure they have.
Obviously each restaurant has their own crew, including chef. Menu is the same. Maybe the recipes are shared too. Restaurants below are Hobson St + Viaduct in Auckland CBD, Mt Eden, Ponsonby and Ellerslie. Mission Bay is closed.
Raviz's website is hedious. So here's their Contact Us page which lists addresses + phone numbers
Hobson St Restaurant
AVOID! DO NOT GO for Curry. very bad experience with big group for nethui curry on 11 July 2012. Also wasn't so good previous time before that.
- Address: 61 A Hobson St, Auckland. Map
- Phone: (09) 309 8800
- Location. Corner of Hobson and Victoria St W. Diagonally opposite Sky tower. Dennys is upstairs.
- Reviews: DineOut, MenuMania, TripAdvisor
- Opened in 2005. Previously had other indian restaurants at the same address, including Handi.
Parking: There are a few free spots around the building. They tend to go quite quickly. There's paid parking at various parking buildings nearby including Sky City, formers farmers carpark (corner of Hobson and Wyndham St), Wilson carpark on Federal st between Victoria St W and Kingston St.
Carpark locations: Auckland City: http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/auckland/transport/parking/guide.asp There's a map there of auckland city parks, fees and hours.
Wilsons: http://www.wilsonparking.co.nz/html/content-easylocator.cfm (pick auckland city in the list)
- Previous visits: 11/7/12, 30/6/11; 1/11/7; 19/4/7; 17/8/6; 10/8/6; 1/6/6
- 11 Sept 2008 Visit
- Simon: History of rough service continues. The main problem was that at least 3 people ordered hot curry and got mild instead. Very sloppy and seems to be a habit here recently
- 1 Nov 2007 Visit (CDB)
- Service was crap, food was OK, loos were clean. Price was cheap. If you don't care that you are going to wait a couple of hours for your food then its OK.
- 1 June 06 Visit:
- RKD: First off the chairs in this place are awesome and comfy. This was also one of the very few places where we were not squeesed in like sardines. The food was exceptional. They were not keen on getting Will some MCDs frys because they didnt have any. Very impressed.
- Zach: Really nice - much better than the Mt Eden branch.
- MarkD: Vindaloo was a nice dark maroon/red, 'Indian Hot' was just that - HOT. Initially a slow starter but quickly kicked in, but not to the point of loosing any flavor. A definite step up from the other Raviz locations. Seats were also very comfortable (especially for those of bigger girth, no annoying seat sides digging into ones behind. Several chairs did however look severely damaged thou.
- Joel: Food was very good, and didn't seem to take as long to cook as other places in the past. Dining area was clean and well kept. Would definitely go back.
- LizQ: Food was HOT! finally some decent heat, The chairs were more like thrones, amazingly comfy and large and as what the others said - we weren't squished in like sardines for once. Price was great too.
- Lin's notes
- waiter on 10/8/6 = Mangesh; waitress on 17/8/6 = Resny
- 10/8/6 bill included 2 glasses of wine, 5 KFS and 9 oher beers whereas no alcohol on 17/8/6.
- Address: 120 Main Highway, Ellerslie Village, Ellerslie, Auckland. [maps.google.com/maps/place?&cid=8462192227165538972 Map]
- Phone: (09) 579 5700
- Location: Ellerslie Village. Basically get off the Southern Motorway at Tecoma St (the exit between Greenlane and Penrose). Turn right at the end of Tecoma St into Robert St. Restaurant should be straight ahead on the left. Premisses used to be a petrol station. ( Reviews: DineOut, MenuMania, TripAdvisor
- Previous Visits: 25 August 2005
- Simon: Service was a little rough, gave Mark a dirty fork (replaced) and confused the orders
- RKD: The curry even the wrong kind was tasting very well. On par with the Mt Eden branch. I usually get take-aways from Ellerslie.
- Lin: Diet coke was a bit flat (or tasted weird). Service could be improved. My dinner was ok. Nothing special. Probably not worth the trek out for this place.
Mt Eden Restaurant CLOSED
- Address: 15 Mt Eden Rd, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Phone: (09) 377 0230
- Location: At the start of Mt Eden Rd, near the interesection with Symond St, New North Rd and Mt Eden Rd. Opposite Galbraiths (a Pub).
- Reviews: DineOut, TripAdvisor
Parking: There's a Pay & Display carpark opposite, as well as parks by the side of the road along Mt Eden Rd.
- Previous Visits: 28/4/11; 18/2/10; 6/8/9, 30/4/9, 22/1/9; 24/7/8, 1/5/8; 28/12/6; 2005: 2 June; 2004:4/12, 18/11, 21/10, 6/5, 4/3.
- Liz: Great food, great service! One of my favourite places
- Zach: Consistently mediocre, IMO. 1st visit: average curry, forgot my roti; 2nd: below average curry, some veges uncooked; 3rd: average curry, forgot my naan (and the wait was nearly two hours).
- Simon ( 6/8/9) - Good service etc but the quality of the meat in the curries was a little scrappy. Big chunks and off-cuts.
Auckland Viaduct Restaurant CLOSED
Now Ivory since April 2014.
- Address: 104 Custom Street West, Viaduct, Auckland. Map
- Phone: (09) 365 2200
- Reviews: DineOut, MenuMania
- Opened in August 2011
- Previous visit: 20/6/13 f, 30/8/12, 26/4/12
Ponsonby Restaurant CLOSED
Premisses is now Mexico in Ponsonby. Mexico in Ponsonby opened on 11 Oct 2013.
- Address: 164 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland
- Phone: (09) 360 99 11
- Location: Map As you drive from K Rd to Jervois Rd in Ponsonby, it is on your left. After the lights at Richmond Rd, you'll see SPQR then Douglas St (where there's parking) and then the restaurant. Burger Wisconsin is a few doors away.
- Parking: There's parking behind the restaurant. Turn into Douglas Street from Ponsonby Rd, and the parking lot is on the first right.
- Opened in late 2010. Previously was Punjab Palace, Ponsonby.
- Reviews: DineOut, MenuMania
- Previous visits: 16/2/12, 18/8/11
Mission Bay Restaurant CLOSED
Address: 61 Tamaki Dve, Mission Bay, Auckland Phone: (09) 521 1100
Location: Mission Bay shops, in the group between Starbucks and Mama Mia Map