Three locations in Auckland
- K'Rd - 271 K Rd, Newton, Auckland. ph: (09) 377 0007 Map
- Grey Lynn - 17 Great North Rd, Grey Lynn, Auckland. ph: (09) 361 3612 Map
- Sandringham - 515 Sandringham Rd, Sandringham, Auckland. ph: (09) 845 8451. Map
- Mt Eden - 57 Mt Eden Rd, Eden Terrace, Auckland. ph: (09) 55 11 000. Map
Proprietor: Swamy and Padmaja Akuthota Website Facebook
Reviews or recommendations for any satya restaurant or about owners
K Rd Restaurant
271 K Rd, Newton (Formerly 158 A Hobson St,) (09) 377 0007 Map Zoomin
Location: City Premises: On City side of K'rd, along the bend/stretch that is opposite East St.
Note: The 158A Hobson St restaurant moved to 271 K Rd in 2005. The K Rd premisses opened on 1 July 2005
- Sites: Dineout, Localist, MenuMania, Trip Advisor, View Auckland, Yelp, foursquare
- Cuisine for Hobson St,
- 19 Dec 2008 20 of Auckland's best dining experiences 2008
- NZ Herald's Viva Best Indian Takeout: 2005, 2006 2007, Best South Indian 2008
- 28 Aug 2005 Jeanette Fitzsimons at Satya
- 1 Oct 2003 Ewan McDonald, Viva, NZ Herald. (Hobson St restaurant)
- By TNC-ers Zach: My personal fave :) Specialising in South Indian, so you get some more interesting goodies on the menu like Dosa and fried stuffed chilli peppers. Only downside is that the restaurants are very small. The city one is good for up to about eight max, the Sandringham one, four tops (so takeaway only really).
Lin: There are many things that make this place one where I would return again.
- Food is good. I haven't been disappointed with anything so far. I love the Chicken Gongura so much I have had it each time I have been there. It has the slightly sour taste I love. Should try something else. The Dosas are lovely too. Not many indian places serve dosa. We have tried at least one of their Puri. I think it as the Dahi Puri. That was lovely too. As Zach says, Lovely South Indian Food. Vegetarians will have lots and lots of choices and I don't think vegans will be disappointed either.
- Poppadoms. Lovely big plain poppadoms cooked fresh with each order OR the have some coated with sesame seeds. Swamy showed me a new way of eating them. Sprinkle with some masala chilli powder he had and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it. Very nice! While poppadoms isn't complimentary, there's a couple of places like that (eg Little India). They serve it with dips. Plain poppadoms without dips are available at $1 each (similar to Little India).
- Breads: The paranthas are delicious. They don't have naans on the menu.
- New premisses in K Rd is much bigger than the Hobson St premisses. Same sort of decor - ie use of sari cloth drapped over the ceiling. Only problem is finding parking. We did know this would be a problem.
- Satya has been able to accommodate us whether we are a group of 6 or 12. Even at the old premisses where we just about took up the whole restaurant. On 29 Dec 05 our reservation of 6 or 8 saw us requiring enough seats for 14, really enough space for 16 - 17 considering the space required by some of our regulars.
- Make reservations online. Not only that the proprietor replies to confirm the reservation. This isn't one of those emails sent to fax or something less. You also get a free dessert if you book online.
- K Rd Premisses: 2010: 4/3 f, 7/1; 14/5/9; 2008: 7/2; 2007: 4/10, 17/5, 11/1; 2006: 5 Oct, 17 May, 26 Jan; 29/12/2005
- Hobson St - 22 September 2005, 2004: 7 Oct, 9 Sept, 25 Mar, 19 June 2003.
Arch Hill / Grey Lynn Restaurant
Previous visits: 31/3/11 f; 2/9/10; 19/2/9; 4/9/8;
Sandringham Rd Restaurant
- Address: 515 Sandringham Rd, Sandringham, Auckland.
- Phone: (09) 845 8451
- Map: google or zoomin
Reviews: Dineout, Google+, Localist, MenuMania, View Auckland, Yelp, foursquare
Previous visits: 29/12/16 f, 3/9/9
Mt Eden Rd Restaurant
- Address: 57 Mt Eden Rd, Eden Terrace, Auckland. Map
- Phone: (09) 55 11 000.
- Reviews: DineOut,Localist, MenuMania, Google+, View Auckland Yelp, foursquare
- Licence: Full (No BYO)
- 15 Mar 2013 7/10 by Nici Wickes, NZ Herald
- 11 Oct 2011 4/5 by Peter Calder, NZ Herald.
- 23 Sep 2011 8.5/10 by Shandelle Battersby, NZ Herald.
- 12 Sep 2011 Cheap Eats
- 26 Aug 2011 Lauraine Jacobs Opens Satya Mt Eden
Previous visits: 23/2/17 f, 28/7/16 f, 21/4/16 f, 19/11/15 f, 1/10/15 f (off week curry), 18/6/15 f, 29/1/15 f; 22/5/14 f, 24/4/14 f, 10/10/13 f, 14/3/13 f; 27/9/12 24/5/12 f, 5/1/12 f, 15/9/11 f.