Santhiya's South Indian & Malaysian Restaurant
- Address: 1270 Dominion Road. Mount Roskill, Auckland
- Ph: (09) 620 2986
- Chef: Youges Subramaniam
- Maps: Google | Zoomin
Visit: 24/3/16 f; 2/7/15 f; 17/7/14 f; 11/4/13 f; 2/2/12 f; 23/6/11 f, 17/3/11 f, 20/1/11 f; 5/8/10 f, 12/11/9, 12/3/9
- May-laysia 2011. May was the month Malaysian food was promoted by Malaysia Kitchen. Youges Subramaniam joined Peta Mathias on 5 May for a cooking demo at Nosh Mt Eden (422 Dominion Rd). Links: "May-laysia at Nosh Food Market",
- 5 Aug 2010 visit source:
- Suz: I had the peanut chicken, it was a little tough and chewy. Not as good as I usually have from this place. First timers should note that if you ask for mild, that's what you get - a mild amount of chilli rather than no chilli which most places give you if you ask for mild.
- Kate: Om nom nom! Food = 9.5/10 in taste, 3/10 in presentation. Atmosphere = 5/10. Service =8/10. Waiting time = 7/10. Toilets = 5/10. Seats uncomfortable. Food absolutely delicious. This is my favourite place to go. I had the stirfried potatoes with a mango lassi and garlic roti. Was very good.
- Tamara: I had the Boneless Goat Curry with some coconut rice, mild. It was spicier than I anticipated but had less actual flavour that you usually find in goat curries. I much preferred Suz O.s Peanut Chicken curry which was very yummy.The mango lassis were different to the usual texture/taste and I wouldn't automatically think 'lassi' when consuming it but it tasted good anyway.
- 12 Nov 2009 visit:
- Lamb vurval has excellent flavour - watch out for the whole spices. Could maybe have stewed a little longer but portion size was very satisfactory. Nice coconut rice and sweet lassi (non-mango for mango haters) too. - Vik :v)