Sages Indian Restaurant
Address: 1228 Great North Road, Pt Chevalier, Auckland Phone (09) 846-9091
Dineout Menu Map
Previous visits: 8 Feb 07, 19 May 05, 8 Apr 04
- 8 Feb 07 Visit:
- Lin: 10 to dinner. They appear to have forgotten someone's main. Either we are unlucky to have had it happen again or it happens everytime they get a big group. Waited a long time till we had our mains. Mysterious sediment at the bottom of two plain water bottles/carafes. Zach's drink (lemon lime and bitters) also had something floating in it. Different from the stuff in the water bottle. Nothing floating in my Sprite Zero. Also noted we were charged for the sweet chutney we didn't order. Thought it was complimentary. Only one of two raita were delivered. Wondered if they sub'd one of the raita for the sweet chutney. Didn't question it. Restaurant is not really in a nice area. Other shops around look a bit run down. No cafes around.
- Simon: I won't repeat what Lin has said. The weird stuff in the water was bad, left everybody looking at their dinners sideways. They also ran out of diet coke early. The only good thing was that when the meal eventually arrived the curry was pretty good. A shame really above the service letting it down.
*19 May 05 Visit:
- Arkady: I guess the restaurant is OK - 5/10 - they did deliver the poppadoms way late , ran out of rice almost and the size of curry served was small. Having said that it was extra hot which was excellent, the naan bread was delicious and the proportion of chicken to sauce was superb. Better than most.
- Edwin Restaurant was alright, but was kinda stuffy (poor ventilation?). Food was good, but not enough rice. 6/10
- Sainesh The vegetarian dish I had (aloo gobi) was great. Seating was alittle crowded and room felt abit stuffy at times