Address: 407 Mt Eden Rd, Mt Eden village, Auckland. Map Phone: 639-0888
Bus Route No: 274, 277
- 2017: 23/3 f, 12/1 f,
- 2016: 15/12 f, 8/9 f, 2/6 f, 31/3 f, 25/2 f,
- 2015: 3/12 f, 10/9 f, 7/5 f, 26/2 f
- 2014: 4/12 f, 31/7 f, 27/3 f, 16/1 f;
- 2013: 4/7 f, 14/2
- 2012: 2/8, 10/5, 1/3;
- 2011:22/12/11, 13/10/11, 4/8/11, 9/6/11, 14/4/11, 17/2/11;
- 2010: 9/12, 14/10, 19/8, 10/6, 18/3, 21/01;
- 2009: Tue 22/12/2009, 26/11/9, 17/9/9, 5/2/9, 8/1/9;
- pre 2009: 26/6/8, 21/2/8, 18/10/7, 14/6/7, 19/10/6, 4/5/6
Reviews: DineOut, Zomato, Google, Localist, Menulog, TripAdvisor, View Auckland, Yelp
Awesome probably my favorite from the ones that I have been to. Good service, and great food.
- 26 Nov 2009 visit ( Source: Facebook)
- Suz Olliver: Nite Spice is my favourite of the Mt Eden curry houses. I had the Chicken Jahangir (Chicken in yoghurt) which was very tasty and has something of a South Indian feel to it. As usual we were hidden around the back so we didn't upset the clientele.
- Mark Derricutt: Initially my thoughts on Nite Spice weren't so great, the food was excellent but the service (speed) was somewhat lacking. However of late this has been drastically improved and yes, I'd probably also rate it more than the other Mt Eden venues, with Simla coming second.
- Kate Olliver: I had the paneer and tomato, which was exactly as described. Very flavourful and the cheese and garlic naan were good. Had to ask three times for a glass of water though.
- Tamara Olliver: I had a Garlic Chicken, mild, with a cheese naan. The curry tasted like a medium heat wise but was still a great tasting dish. The Naan had barely any cheese and if I hadn't been told it was I would have called it a plain naan. However, the staff were friendly, if a bit unorganised and the mango lassi was thick but tasteless. So a good place to go to if you know your way around the heat levels and foods to avoid.
- Vik Olliver: Prawn malabari. Quite possibly the nicest Indian seafood I've had. They were out of Kingfisher Strong though.
- Rebekah Andrews: I also had a Garlic Chicken but medium, good heat too it a little bit on the mild side and my cheese and garlic naan was swimming filled with stringy cheese. I'm sure I missed my last drink but overall it was good but they need to turn the stun sign off on the front door
- 18 Sept 2008 visit
- Simon: Out the back with a dozen people and not too bad. Service not to bad this time, water and drinks came fairly quickly. Price not to bad either. Worth at least a 7 or 8 out of 10.
- 20 Sept 2007 visit Simon: was nice. We were out the front this time and service was pretty fast and food good.
- Earlier (undated) visit
- Det: Very nice, the Do Piaza is definately ftw. note: both "medium"'s of this I have had have actually been spicier than some other places "hot" curries. However this could just be the style of Do Piaza, I'm not sure.
- Jo: Agree - hot was a good "hot" for once. Service wasn't too bad, tho we were a little isolated down the back, and often overlooked for "more beer!" (or more Diet Coke) :) Great night out, cheers to Auckland TNC! Picture of TNC at Nite Spice
Nite Spice Newmarket has closed
Nite Spice Newmarket has closed
Address: 471 Khyber Pass Rd Newmarket Auckland Phone: (09) 529 1897 Map
Parking: There's a Wilson Carpark next door. There's also free parking on the streets around it.
Previous visit: 30/10/8, 7/8/8, 3/4/8
- 7 Aug 2008 Visit:
- Simon: Not really impressed. Food was a little bland, service a bit patchy ( a couple of extra drinks turned up) and wasn't all that cheap. The place around the corner had nice desserts though.
- Suz: Unimpressed. The service appeared to take a very long time, the food tasted diluted and the place lacked character. No desire to return.