Cease Fire Indian Cuisine
Previous visits: 6/6/13 FB
- 6 June 2013 visit.
- 7 ppl at curry tonight (plus 2 late comers): Simon L, Lin, Mark D, Rafael F, Philip B, Karl S, Simon P and 2 late comers were Noel + Arbscht. Total bill for 7 was $156. $20.30pp.
- Noel + Arbscht didn't have dinner there. They ate at Galbraiths. We (not Simon P or Philip B) went to Galbraiths after dinner for dessert. Simon + Karl had the creme brulee. Rafael had the baked cheesecake. No coffee at Galbraiths so ppl had soft drinks or beer
- Why dinner was so cheap: They have a deal. 1 curry main + rice + 1 plain naan + 1 NZ beer/wine = $14.99 lunch or $18.99 dinner. I thought we were getting the dinner deal but appears they gave us the lunch deal/price. SO this could account for the smaller serving or less meat. It doesn't however account for other stuff (like service or saltiness). Even without drinking beer/wine it was a good deal.
- Comments from various ppl at our table that the rice was cold.
- Lin's comments: Food was too salty. I suspect that's why we didn't finish onion bhaji. I ordered Khumb Mutter, mushrooms and green peas cooked with garlic, cream and spices.
- After paying the bill I asked the chef to taste it. He agreed it was too salty and blamed it on the "new guy in kitchen they are training". Not sure if he agreed with me that it was too salty out of politeness or if he thought it was actually too salty. Anyway despite the price, I'd probably not return here unless the food + service improves. Also agree with simon that the waiter is not too experienced. So he didn't cope.
- Simon's comments: Well the price was pretty good and I guess a "lunch" menu explains why it was a bit small. But it was enough to fill me up so I wasn't too worried.
The waiter was a bit inexperienced and was having some problems keeping up with just 7 ppl and two other 2-person tables. The Onion Bhaji was good and there was plenty of it. Similar to what they have at Saffron rather than the usual type.
My Curry was okay apart from it being a low-medium rather than a hot. It was also a little cool (temperature-wise). Naan was good but came a bit late, I didn't notice anything weird about the taste of the Naan.
Overall not as good as the place across the road but maybe worth going back to again at some point since it was so cheap.