Stories are bad news related to restaurants and food places like bad food hygiene, underpaying, exploiting migrant workers etc.
- Stories on Masala Indian Restaurant in Auckland.
- 40 tonnes of dirt dumped outside Xotic Sweets & Snacks, near Cnr Mt Albert and Sandringham Rds because they haven't paid their bill. "Barry Hart, the director of Central Site Works Limited and owner of Central Trucking Limited, dumped "four of the smelliest loads I could find" outside Xotic Sweets & Snacks in Sandringham on Friday."
"He said the act was retribution for about $88,000 of unpaid bills that the cafe's director Jaspal Singh owed to both his companies and HT Drainage for demolishing a commercial building." Stuff + NZ Herald 25 December 2016. Barry Hart's facebook post w pics and vid. Auckland dirt dumper warns: prepare for more, stuff December 26 2016.
- Nicole Crabtree began working at Graham Murrell's Surf N' Turf Cafe & Takeaways in Carterton on April 16 2015 and was dismissed from her position four months later on August 12. 275 hours of work. She sought arrears of wages saying she wasn't paid throughout her employment, except for a cash payment of $92 on the day she was dismissed.
- Kapilaben Patel has been awarded $31,413.19 for unpaid wages and $11,400 in reimbursement for the premiums paid. Patel was employed by Christchurch restaurant Curry Pot on Lincoln Limited from August 2011 until the employment ended in July 2014. She was forced to pay her boss $14,400 in "premiums" to secure her job as a chef at an Indian restaurant.
- Restaurant penalised for failing to keep employment records. Stuff. May 18 2016. Hawera's Indian Zaika restaurant, in South Taranaki. Walia Holdings Ltd (WHL) were unable to provide evidence of compliant wage, time, holiday and leave records.
- Queenstown's Hikari Japanese Restaurant fined $6000 over employment records. Stuff. December 24 2015.
- Taste of Egypt Ltd in Nelson has been ordered to pay $92,000 in unpaid wages, penalties, interest and costs after the Employment Relations Authority determined that it underpaid two foreign workers and provided false evidence when under investigation. Taste of Egypt Ltd in Sundial Square has been sold for $70,000 but its owners and directors, Dianne MacFarlane and Saeed Awad, have a second takeaway restaurant of that name in Papanui Rd, Christchurch.
- Genki Japanese Restaurant was the focus of TV3's 3D Investigation on Monday 23 November 2015.
- NZ's most vulnerable workers by Michael Morrah. Facebook This page has a link to the 3D video that was aired as well as some of the story but restaurant wasn't named.
- Opinion: The exploited by Michael Morrah. Facebook.
- Facebook links are included because the have comments from daughter, Aimer Imai and reply from 3D as well as Migrante Aotearoa.
- Indian restaurant chef awarded $32k in unpaid wages. NZ Herald 25 June 2015. Restaurant is Bombay Palace Indian Restaurant, Wanaka. Chef Mohammad Irfam Ali awarded $32k. Breakdown: $21,305 for unpaid wages, $5962 in holiday pay and $5000 compensation for his personal grievance in not being paid. The former company behind the restaurant must also pay the Crown $10,000 in penalties - a total bill of $42,266. Directors: Ramesh Anand RAJAGOPAL + Elilarasi RAMESH ANAND of 92b Anderson Road, Wanaka, 9305. Case is 2015 NZERA Christchurch 80 Ali v Abhisek Quality Foods Ltd t/a Bombay Palace Indian Restaurant Wanaka 15 June 2015  NZERA Christchurch 80. Abhisek Quality Foods Ltd still registeted at companies office. There's still a Bombay Palace Restaurant at the same address, w same phone number. Trip Advisor latest review 3 Sept 2015. Zomato last review June 2015.
- Little Saigon in Christchurch. Chef awarded $174,356.65 after working for 5 years without pay. NZ Herald, Stuff and Radio NZ.
-  NZERA Christchurch 173. Nguyen and Anor v Hue Kim Thi Ta t/a Little Saigon Restaurant. Judgement date 5 November 2014. link.
-  NZERA Christchurch 212. Nguyen and Anor v Thi Ta t/a Little Saigon Restaurant. Judgment Date: 18 December 2014. link.
- 2014 NZERA Auckland 486. Ma v Mak-Rush Ltd t/a Bella Bambina Ristorante. Judgment Date: 28 November 2014. link.
- Beagle Brothers Limited, trading as Genji Ponsonby, underpaid two migrant workers.
- Beijing Restaurant, Wanganui Central.